When you get cold feet, it means that you lose the courage to do something, because, for whatever reason, you are scared or nervous. You may be having doubts about going through with something.
1. Some people get cold feet when they are about to get married… but I never hesitated. In the movie, “Runaway Bride”, Julia Roberts has the habit of getting engaged and planning weddings, only to get cold feet at the last minute, leaving her fiancés at the altar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xD3xkxp4kg
2. A number of years ago when I was in Miami I was easily convinced to donate blood at one of those bloodmobiles (mobile blood units). They were about to stick a needle into my arm when I got cold feet and backed out (changed my mind).
3. Do you sometimes get cold feet when you are about to buy something expensive or do you ignore your common sense and buy something on impulse anyway?
4. Disney studios got cold feet recently and “…shut down production on The Lone Ranger, the Gore Verbinski-directed Western that was to star Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as the title character… Disney pulled the plug [cancelled it] because of the budget.”
5. I almost went to a fortune teller once but I got cold feet. I decided that it wasn’t for me.