Monday, August 22, 2011

My bad


When you say “my bad”, you are admitting you made a mistake, that it’s your fault. It is an informal/ slang expression, mostly used by young people. Urbandictionary.com says, “A way of admitting a mistake, and apologizing for that mistake, without actually apologizing.” It’s a very casual and relaxed response, sometimes to the frustration of the person you say it to!
1. 
- I thought you said we’ll have an English class next week Thursday…
- No, I said this week Thursday…
- Sorry, my bad! It must be a mix-up (misunderstanding) because of the language.
2.  
- Don’t tell me you forgot my birthday two years in a row!
- Relax, I was saving the surprise for later. How could I forget after last year?
- Oh… my bad.
3.  
- Why did you shut down (turn off) the computer? I was downloading a movie.
- My bad. I thought you forgot to turn it off.
4.  
- Why do you always leave the toilet seat up?… MEN!
- My bad. I’ll try to remember next time.

5.  
- Oops… I forgot to buy the pasta… My bad.

1 comment :