Friday, February 21, 2014

2nd Conditional

2nd conditional: generally, it is an unreal possibility or dream. We're talking hypothetically about the future. The grammar: If + past simple + would

1. Beyoncé sings: "If I were a boy, even just for a day, I'd roll out of bed in the morning, and throw on what I wanted and go..." What would you do differently if you were a member of the opposite sex?

2. If I were born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I might not/ would not be as hard-working as I am now.

3. My mother always used to tell me that money did not grow on trees. If it did, every tree would look like it does in winter… after the fall/ autumn.

4. If I were born in the Northeast of Brazil, I would probably be crazy about soccer, eat "Panelada" and listen to "Forro" music.

5. If I had more than 24 hours a day, I would take up a new hobby every week.

6. I would eat a cockroach ONLY if I were paid at least $5,000 to do so. What is your price?

7. If I had bigger biceps I would wear a tank top in public. I'm working on it!



8. If I were a computer programmer… I would create an app that notifies you when your friends come within 50 m of you in public.

9. If you had $1 million, do you think it would solve most of your problems?

10. If you went blind, would you be able to continue in the same profession you have now?

11. If you were chosen to fight in the Hunger Games, would you kill someone to defend yourself?

12. If you could take just one more trip in your life, where would you travel? Would it be for the adventure, the curiosity or the special people in your life?

13. If I had a pet monkey I would teach him to bring me the remote control.

No comments :

Post a Comment