Thursday, July 14, 2011

Have the guts


If you have the guts, you have the courage to do or say something. Someone who is courageous is “gutsy”.

1. Do you have the guts to go diving with great white sharks? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8woVFmNfToI

2. Steve Irwin, the famous “Crocodile Hunter” was gutsy – he had the guts to get up close to, catch and wrestle crocodiles as well as play with highly venomous snakes. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr8ggrNf68s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_mWRnmWEs

3. If you have the guts to go and live in a foreign country and experience a totally different lifestyle, it can be a great adventure and can really enrich your life.



4. When you make a mistake, it takes guts to be honest and tell the truth.

5. Do you have the guts to take risks, whether it be a dangerous situation, financially or otherwise?

7 comments :

  1. Please leave a comment... in any language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, nobody has the guts to post here?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooooo MUCH! your blog is EXCELLENT!!!! :)

    Aldana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha.... it takes guts to write in your 2nd language! It's an absolute pleasure to post when I see that people appreciate what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Frank! Thanks again for sharing information about English idioms and phrasal verbs. That's very useful.

    Regarding the today's idiom, I wish I had the guts to admit that I like a girl.

    ps. Could I delete the comment later? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eugene... sure you can delete the comment (if you still don't have the guts to let this girl know - and if she reads this blog!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, actually I don't want to delete the comment, I was just kidding. :)

    And I don't think she reads the blog. However, since she learns English too, I'll suggest her reading it.

    ReplyDelete